Sensor to Cloud Embedded Systems
Join TI for a full day workshop to meet our experts and learn more about TI’s new technology advancements for industrial systems. Design your own end-to-end sensor-to-cloud solution using TI’s SimpleLink™ MCUs during the hands-on workshop and attend lectures on topics including security, TI mmWave sensors, and machine learning.
10:00AM-11:30AM | Comprehensive End-to-End Security with TI SimpleLink Wi-Fi Devices
- Part 1: Learn about the wide range of multilayer built-in security features of the CC32xx SimpleLink Wi-Fi MCUs to help developers address a variety of IoT security needs including secure boot, device identity/keys, cryptographic acceleration, debug security, secure storage, and external memory protection
- Part 2: Learn how to enable secure OTA for your Wi-Fi connected IoT devices. Topics include secure content delivery, certificate catalog store, bundle protection, and factory image recovery.
- Part 3: Securely send data to AWS using CC32xx Wi-Fi MCUs
12:00PM-1:45PM | Ultra-Low Power Cloud-Enabled Sensor Network (Hands-On Workshop)
- In this hands-on workshop you will create an end-to-end sensor-to-cloud solution with SimpleLink MCUs.
- Each participant will create a low-power wireless sensor node that will operate over long-range sub-1 GHz connectivity. A central cloud-connected gateway will connect to each of the individual sensor nodes & aggregate the data to the cloud for visualization & monitoring.
- Hardware will be provided.
2:00PM-3:30PM | Machine Learning Lecture
Machine learning technology enables predictions to be made based on large amounts of data. Deep Neural networks are the next evolution of machine learning and will play a valuable role in revolutionizing many industries including smart factories with their ability to self-recognize the patterns in the data and make intelligent predictions on them without any human in the loop. TI’s Sitara devices provide the processing, connectivity needed to add deep neural network processing in the embedded space and can help improve production cost, quality and create safe work environments. This session will provide an overview of deep neural networks, examples of where they will be used in embedded applications at the edge, and the tools available to leverage this technology to enable smart factories
3:45PM-5:00PM | TI mmWave Sensors for Industrial Systems
In order to intelligently and efficiently control systems such as those used for security, lighting, HVAC, and robotics in buildings and factories, system designers are increasingly demanding information on the location and activity of people and objects inside. Join us as we introduce several new products from the TI mmWave family, including Antenna-on-package (AoP) and Overhead Detection Sensor (ODS) antenna designs that enable customers to quickly evaluate and productize mmWave in an overhead or ceiling-mounted installation.